Thursday 14 October 2010

Unlucky for some...

This week Tom Tams and Tim Barker have been catching a few specimens of the Gem, a rare migrant moth. In less than ideal weather I had to try for one myself..


Red Green Carpet

 It was baltic here last night though-

Taxa
0464 Diamond-back Moth (Plutella xylostella) 1
1760 Red-green Carpet (Chloroclysta siterata) 1
2263 Red-line Quaker (Agrochola lota) 1
2264 Yellow-line Quaker (Agrochola macilenta) 1
2306 Angle Shades (Phlogophora meticulosa) 1
2361 Rosy Rustic (Hydraecia micacea) 1
2441 Silver Y (Autographa gamma) 1

Only 7 moths of 7 species. I think things are winding up...

But I still intend to trap in every month until the year end. That was my plan at the start of the year so I could get a grounding of whats to be had...

No comments:

Post a Comment